Everyone’s invited to host an exhibition, performance or event in your community, and be part of our network of regional activities
RONA18 – “Rights of Nature Australia 2018” – is a national arts celebration, organised by the Australian Earth Laws Alliance (AELA).
RONA18 has been designed to promote cultural engagement with the emerging, global, Rights of Nature movement, and to celebrate the Australian Peoples’ Tribunal (APT) for Community and Nature’s Rights, which is being held on Saturday 27th October 2018 in Brisbane. AELA’s intention is to blend the creative re-interpretation of environmental governance with cultural responses to the rights of the natural world to exist, thrive and evolve. Read more about the 2018 Australian Peoples’ Tribunal.
Artists and creatives, arts centres, community groups, school groups and interested members of the community are invited to host art exhibitions, plays, storytelling sessions, performances, ‘creative conversations’ (eg dinner parties, BBQs) and other creative events to celebrate the Rights of Nature in 2018.
- Please tell us about your proposed exhibition, event or activity by filling out our RONA18 Regional Response Event Form.
- When you fill out your RONA18 Regional Response Event Form, make sure you tell us how your proposed event will address the RONA18 themes.
- Please consider hosting your event or activity in the month of October if you have not already scheduled it. Let us know if you plan to host your activities or events on the day of the Australian Peoples’ Tribunal (Saturday 27 October 2018) and you can live-stream the Tribunal discussions to your event.
- We’ll get back to you within ten working days after receiving your application to confirm your participation. All Regional Responses will be promoted on our RONA18 Virtual Gallery.
What AELA will provide
All events endorsed by AELA for RONA18 are self-hosted and self-funded events, with AELA providing the following support:
- An Earth Arts Curator to help with information and promotion
- Information about the Rights of Nature and the Australian Peoples’ Tribunal
- Website and social media space for promoting exhibitions and events
- Promotional support of all RONA18 events through e-newsletters, publications and social media e-blasts
All Regional Responses will be promoted on our website.